Day to Day Life at Alderson House
Alderson House is home to up to 18 residents. It is set in a safe, peaceful village atmosphere near to the towns of Mablethorpe, Louth and Grimsby. Close by is Rimac, part of the Saltfleetby-Theddlethorpe Dunes National Nature Reserve a long strip of coastal beaches as well as the seaside resorts of Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea.
Alderson House is relaxed and homely - the decor and facilities reflect this homely feel It is operated very much as a family home, residents and staff care for the facilities and space in the same way anyone would care for their own home.
Apart from two offices, all parts of the house is open to all the residents. The kitchens can be used for making their own snacks and lunches. Residents are supported to prepared and cook meals catering for all dietary requirements.
There is a wide expanse of outside lawns, seating and gardens to enjoy.
Residents are encouraged to join in with:
- leisure trips (UK and abroad)
- social entertainment – both in the Home and external
- vocational courses and workshops – gardening, crafts, cooking , life skills, relaxation and meditation food hygiene and fire prevention
- further education learning and courses such as computing courses, maths, English
- physical activity – swimming, aerobics, thai chi, gym, sailing, ten bin bowling, tennis
Facilities for residents include:
- independent living training
- own GP if required
- own furniture if required
- near public transport
- two vehicles for transport
- gardens for residents
- residents kitchenette
- television point in own room
Our residents & staff:
- have a good relationship with the local community
- raise money for charity and special causes
- help out on local projects
- encourage family and friends to visit and join in with social aspects
- treat Alderson House as the home of our residents, treating it and them with respect and care.
- receive comprehensive Induction training to achieve the Care Certificate and further training to achieve the levels of the Diploma in Health and Social Care
- support the residents daily in what they would like to do, where they would like to go, what they would like to achieve.
In general our residents are aged adult to 65 (may be older). They will probably have a mental health condition such as:
- chronic depression